This spot in Montrose offers "Mexico City cooking" just like abuelita made — if your grandmother had a modern streak a mile wide (which matches the modern decor). Naturally, that doesn't mean you'll find Tex-Mex at Cuchara. It does, however, mean dishes such as avocado mousse in lieu of guacamole, and surprising vegetarian options like nopales (cactus paddles) served with panela cheese. Appetizers such as charilitos — deep-fried minnows — and chicharrones are your best bets, especially when washed down with one of Cuchara's unique cocktails. Brunch is served on Sundays only, with excellent coffee to boot.
- Price: $$, $$$
- Hours: Sunday, Tuesday-Thursday 11 a.m.-10 p.m.; Friday-Saturday 11 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio, Open-air tent, Sidewalk tables
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Parking: Lot available
- Alcoholic beverages to go
- Curbside pickup
- Use restaurant website to order/pay