Fat Bao specializes in a food not found elsewhere in Upper Kirby: the Taiwanese pancakes called bao, typically only found in Chinatown. They're more expensive here, but the ingredients are more interesting. Try the soft-shell crab bao or the fried chicken-stuffed bao, and complete your order with some of the better french fries in Houston. Staying vegetarian? Try the tofu bao, the fried avocado sticks and the sauteed edamame. But either way, save room for the Nutella-and-banana-stuffed bao for dessert.
- Price: $, $$
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 11 a.m.-9 p.m.; Friday-Saturday 11 a.m.-10 p.m.; Sunday 12-9 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Sidewalk tables
- Alcohol: Beer/Wine
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Parking: Lot available
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Order/delivery via DoorDash
- Order/delivery via Grubhub
- Order/delivery via Uber Eats
- Use restaurant website to order/pay