Field & Tides or FTRB as it appears in bold blue lettered signage opened on February 13, 2017. The bright, little blue and white house with a huge presence in the Heights is chef/co-owner Travis Lenig’s first restaurant after leaving F.E.E.D.Tx. and the Liberty Kitchen. Lenig, along with partner Christopher “Chico” Ramirez as director of operations presents a Southern-inspired menu of land and sea dishes. Throughout the menu, there are hints of Italian, French and Asian flavor and the cocktail list created by Monique Hernandez (formerly of Liberty Kitchen River Oaks) reads like a dream. The pimento cheese fritters and oysters on the half-shell make for a great start. Seafood entrees are fresh and executed beautifully. Sit outside on the spacious patio to enjoy a meal; it can get uncomfortably loud inside at dinnertime.
- Price: $$, $$$
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 11 a.m.-9 p.m.; Friday 11 a.m.-10 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m.-10 p.m.; Sunday 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: On-street, Valet
- Extra Services: Private-group dining