Owner Alli Jarrett has transformed the 90-year-old building that was home to the legendary Harold's men's clothing store in the Heights into Harold's Restaurant and Bar, Heights General Store and Alli's Pizzaria. A memory wall to the late Harold Wiesenthal, who tailored custom suits for three U.S. Presidents, is on display in the restaurant as well as one of Harold's original dressing mirrors.
An old flat-top roof has been converted into a bar and a terrace that offers up a great view for watching the people and shops down below. New Orleans native and Executive Chef Antoine Ware serves a seasonal menu of Southern Creole food prepared with local, fresh and natural items; Jarrett told us some of the favorite dishes include the Shrimp n' Grits and fried chicken. Local and regional beers are on tap, and specialty cocktails made with freshly squeezed juices include the Harold's Gimlet and Apricot Manhattan.
- Price: $$, $$$
- Hours: Monday-Wednesday 11 a.m.-9 p.m.; Thursday-Friday 11 a.m.-10 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m.-10 p.m.; Sunday 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio, Rooftop
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Free, Lot available, On-street
- Extra Services: Private-group dining
- Alcoholic beverages to go
- Use restaurant website to order/pay