The sandwiches and burgers are the stars at the Hobbit Cafe, particularly the Martinique burger, a mountainous half-pound patty of Angus beef with so many messy toppings that you practically need to be hosed down when done eating. We still can't figure out how the Hobbit prepares its delicious tabbouleh, but we'll have to keep ordering it at this little house near Upper Kirby until we can reverse-engineer the recipe at home. It's all enough to make even Smaug the dragon happy.
- Price: $, $$
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 11 a.m.-9 p.m.; Friday-Sunday 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Beer/Wine
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Lot available
- Alcoholic beverages to go
- Call restaurant to order/pay