Run by head cook and surrogate mother Eydie Prior, Montrose's Lankford Grocery may be the homiest restaurant in the city. The enormous breakfasts, with perfect eggs and homemade hash browns, are just like Mom used to make. Eydie's kitschy decorations change seasonally. Her grandkids often sit at the bar and watch cartoons. And Lankford really was a grocery when Eydie's parents opened it in 1939, but hamburgers and comfort food are what has made the place famous since then.
- Price: $, $$
- Hours: Sunday-Wednesday 9 a.m.-3 p.m.; Thursday-Friday 9 a.m.-8 p.m.; Saturday 7 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Sidewalk tables
- Alcohol: Beer/Wine
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Parking: On-street
- Grocery & retail items for sale
- Use restaurant website to order/pay