The Chinese Community Center (CCC) is a United Way of Greater Houston agency that aims to bridge East and West by providing comprehensive educational, cultural, and social service programs that meet the needs of people at any stage of life—from infants to the elderly. CCC’s programs, which serve more than 10,000 people a year, are inclusive and open to people of any race or ethnicity, and CCC is unique among Houston nonprofits for having the staff and experience needed to offer culturally appropriate care to the Asian American population, one of the fastest-growing racial groups in the city. CCC’s services are focused on the following areas:
• supporting the learning and positive development of at-risk youth, many of whom are immigrants and/or from low- to moderate-income households;
• helping adults from low- to moderate-income households and/or with limited English proficiency achieve financial stability;
• helping immigrants integrate successfully into American society;
• supporting healthy, active, and independent lifestyles for older adults and people with disabilities; and
• promoting cultural awareness and appreciation for Houston’s diversity.
Get the Things to Do Newsletter
Sign up for our weekly guide to events in Houston, and never be bored again. With suggestions for every day of the week, our recommendations will keep you busy on any budget.
Love is in the air this weekend in Houston as the Bayou City ramps up for Valentine's Day with celebrations of the Lunar New Year, dance, a roller derby quidditch match, and a bike ride past heart-themed graffiti murals. It's a grea...
The year of the Fire Rooster is upon us! The Lunar New Year begins on January 28 and more than 100,000 Chinese- and Vietnamese-Americans in Houston will be ringing in the holiday with family, traditional foods and special events all...
All-access pass to top stories, events and offers around town.