In honor of Northern State's appearance at Warehouse Live, Houstoned Rocks is proud to present 10 of the dorkiest and funniest moments in the history of melanin-challenged rap:
1. Here's a dorky guy who can impersonate LL Cool J, Mystikal and Digital Underground:
2. Houston's own Iced Out Eskimoz and their tribute in rhyme to Whataburger:
3. This kids will beg to have this tape destroyed in less than one year:
4. For a while in the '80s, the airwaves were plagued with terrible rap commercials. Here's a quintessential one from about 1989, with a couple of nerds going all Fat Boys over The Legend of Zelda.
5. A plump, pissed-off German kid. If Andy Milonakis was from Frankfurt, he'd be this dude:
6. Ever seen an Australian octogenarian bust a rhyme? No? You must harness the power of Skittles:
7. Rappin' Rove
8. Funky-fresh B-Boys gettin' jiggy
9. Okay, as a white person, at this point all I can say is "Please kill me, now..."
10. No, really, kill me...
Keep the Houston Press Free... Since we started the Houston Press, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Houston, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Houston with no paywalls.