, somewhat cryptically, selects a few favorites:
1. Can, Monster Movie
2. Sun-Ra, Heliocentric World, vols. 1 & 2 (“I’ll let you raid my Sun-Ra if you’re willing to pay the price - I’ve got 35 Sun-Ra records”)
3. Banco, first album (“The Italian King Crimson”)
4. Goblin, Suspiria and Profono Rosso soundtracks
5. Art Ensemble of Chicago, “anything”
6. Jade Warrior, “the lost LP”
7. Residents, Meet the Residents (“I have a poster from their show at U of H in the ‘80s on my wall. Mind-numbing.”)
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to the mission of the Houston Press. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Houston’s stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
8. Henry Threadgill, “anything on Impulse”
9. Ennio Morricone, “any soundtrack” (“I just can’t get enough. I have about 50.”)
10. Bernard Herrmann, any Alfred Hitchcock score (“Psycho is my favorite”)
Click here to read "Vinyl Heads," by Chris Gray.