On top of everything else this week, sadly the news has come out that our beloved Beyonce is taking a break from music. Just when we need her the most, right? We miss B and Ms. Fierce already, and we're already speculating what she might get up to while taking her sabbatical away from the public eye. Don't think less of us: We need this.
- Consulting with Tori Amos on which alternate persona to use on her next album. So far the list is narrowed down to Debbie Diva, Alicia Antagonistic, Beverley Belleoftheball and an unnamed protagonist who is, get this, sassy and independent.
- Kicking anyone who calls Jay-Z "the old man of hip-hop" square in the taint, as well she should.
- Sitting around playing her Nintendo DS and looking absolutely adorable while doing so.
- Extensive hot-tub makeout session with Paulina Rubio and Shakira. As long as we're imagining, right?
- Prank-calling R&B/pop singers who use Auto-tune.
- Politely ducking the other members of Destiny's Child. This activity is, of course, not limited to Beyonce's vacation.
- Rehearsing lines and stunt training for her role of Ophelia in the upcoming blockbuster film Michael Bay's Hamlet.
- Trying to get Lloyd's of London to insure dat ass, only to be told "We're sorry, Ms. Knowles; we're simply not ready for that jelly."
- Winning a shitload of wet T-shirt contests just to prove she can.
- Talking to Mike Myers and Taylor Swift on the phone about what it's like to be publicly embarrassed on live television by Kanye West.
- Swearing loudly at the television whenever Janet Jackson or Etta James appears.
- Tracking Solange via her sister's Twitter account, laughing hysterically.
- Disseminating Aretha Franklin and Rihanna fat jokes into the music community.
- Pampering herself a little, for once in her life.
Keep the Houston Press Free... Since we started the Houston Press, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Houston, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Houston with no paywalls.