The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo is well on its way to drawing a couple of million more (mostly) country-music fans to Reliant Stadium again this year. Now the rodeo and Reliant Energy want to send one lucky fan to the Academy of County Music Awards in Vegas April 1. No foolin'.
All the couple hundred thousand or so of you who will be at the rodeo this weekend have to do is keep your eyes peeled around the grounds for keywords posted around the park. The info Rocks Off got didn't say, but we're guessing those words could be stuff like "ACM," "Vegas," "Dream Trip," "Energy," and maybe even recent Rodeo entertainers/ACM hosts "Reba" and "Blake Shelton."
Then send a text to 78307. You might win this:
- Two tickets to the Academy of Country Music Awards on April 1
- Four days and three nights in Las Vegas (March 31 to April 3)
- Deluxe lodging at MGM Grand
- ACM Presents: Lionel Richie and Friends - A Lifetime of Hits special TV show taping
- Academy of Country Music Fremont Street concert
- Deluxe airport and Fremont Street shuttles
- World-class trip staff and VIP hospitality
- Host and escort at all events
Sounds like Vegas all right. We'd enter just to go to that Lionel Richie thing. The winner will be announced March 21.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to the mission of the Houston Press. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Houston’s stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
Also, congratulations to future entertainers Erica Honore and Julia Cole, both of Houston, who won their respective junior and youth divisions of the rodeo's first-ever "Rodeo Rockstar" karaoke contest. They each walked away with $500 cash, so you might say this was their first paying gig. We're sure we'll be hearing from them again.
Rocks Off has been taking a little spring break from our rodeo coverage for the past couple of days, but we'll be back to wrap up the final weekend of 2012 on Monday.