You gotta hand it to Disco Donnie Presents and Nightculture: they know how to put together a solid lineup of music. The decision to expand Something Wicked to two days might have seemed weird at first, but in the year 2014, aka The Year That Houston Went Festival Crazy, it makes perfect sense. In the arms race for festival dollars, you can't play it safe anymore. As such, it's nice to see DDPNC putting together a lineup big on acts we actually want to check out.
Sure, it's a little weird that Dillon Francis is coming back so soon after next week's Beach Blanket Bingo, and yeah, maybe we eyerolled at Kaskade as a headliner again, but all in all there's a lot to like with this lineup. In particular, we're looking forward to...
5. Flosstradamus Because we, like many of you, like that trap shit. Plus, even though they was at FPSF it'll be nice to catch them outside the middle of summer.
4. Madeon Because we still see a bright future for this guy, and he produced the best song on Lady Gaga's Artpop. Yes, "Gypsy" is the best song on that album.
3. Martin Garrix Because this is a list of sets we're looking forward to, not a list of sets we think will be best, and we're looking forward to watching the crowd lose their minds when "Animals" drops.
Story continues on the next page.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
2. 12th Planet Because he's a great producer and everyone we've talked to has said he's a real cool dude, and music needs more real cool dudes.
1. A-Trak Do we really have to explain this one? Fine, take your pick: because he's an amazing producer; because he's a legit amazing DJ; because he's one of the few people alive we don't hate when they wear a fedora; because that Duck Sauce album is pretty great; because he's the best DJ Kanye's ever had; because "FOOOOOOOOOOLS GOOOOOOOOOOOLD" is fun to yell.
And now the full lineup for Something Wicked 2k14 -- for fun, try and guess who will play the after party; our picks are Kill Paris and Cash Cash.