The Houston Texans’ 2015 season began with HBO’s Hard Knocks introducing the team to America at large. It took a month of filming and some fancy editing to present to the nation our sometimes thrilling and frequently frustrating NFL franchise. Home Box Office could have saved all that time and money by just directing the curious to the Twitter accounts of Houston’s most notorious rappers. Keeping a tradition alive, we’ve once again collected some of the most insightful Tweets these artists/Texans fans shared on game day.
The Texans' defense wasn't just dominant, it was unlike anything the Saints have seen in a decade. The last time New Orleans failed to score a touchdown in a game, the top-charting Billboard artists were Ciara, the Pussycat Dolls and Bow Wow. In other words, ancient history. According to ESPN, the Saints had scored a touchdown in 155 consecutive games, the second-longest streak in NFL history. They were a dozen such games away from displacing the Cleveland Browns from the record — until they came to NRG Stadium Sunday afternoon.
10. Bun B's Pre-Game Pep Talk
9. Jack Freeman's Pre-Game Pep Talk
Saints about to get sent back down I-10— Jack Freeman (@_jackfreeman) November 29, 2015
8. For Texans Fans — Tight End: Offensive Lineman In American Football Who Blocks And Is An Eligible Receiver; See Gronkowski, Rob; Witten, Jason; Griffin, Ryan.
a touchdown with a Tight End?! WHAAAA?!— DJ HouDat (@DJAudiTory) November 29, 2015
7. First Time This Season the Texans' Offense Scored On an Opening Drive
Resale Concert Tickets
6. Everyone Wants to See What The Fuss Is About
What channel the Texans on with DirtectTv— IG: Delomdr (@iAmDelorean) November 29, 2015
5. The Texans' Defense Is the Othello to Opposing Desdemonas #spoileralert
This fuckin defense has been smothering teams for the last couple games.— DJ HouDat (@DJAudiTory) November 29, 2015
4. Hope 'Hunnidt Made It Home Okay
Im a lone Texans fan in a bar with 50 people from New Orleans . this is about to get disrespectful— nikola tesla (@OneHunnidt) November 29, 2015
3. Kareem Jackson Sealed the Deal With a Huge INT
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
2. The Saints Were So Demoralized Their Fans Took Offense to the Trending Hashtag #HOUDat #stopstealingourslogan #stopcryin
New Orleans ....what it do?— IG: Delomdr (@iAmDelorean) November 29, 2015
1. Special Delivery to DJ AudiTory From Cafe Du Monde #sweetvictory
Somebody owe me some beignets.— DJ HouDat (@DJAudiTory) November 29, 2015