Some rappers happen to be thoughtful, intelligent people. Every Monday that isn't a national holiday (or thereabouts), Rocks Off will have some of them here discussing issues relevant to their culture.
This Week's Panel: ESG, John Dew, Chuckway, Hollywood Floss, Show, Killa Kyleon, Delo, Fat Tony
Not Invited: Phil Knight
This Week's Prompt: In honor of the Sneaker Summit, what are your three favorite sneakers of all time?
ESG: Jordans, Blazers, Air Force Ones. Oh yeah, a pair of leather Chucks is a must.
John Dew: Jordan II (Eleven) because that was the season he defined his legacy in the shoe game and basketball; patent leather, need I say more? (1995)
- Nike Air Trainer (Bo Jackson Shoe) introduced the new cross country style of shoe. Remember Prostars Cartoon? (1991)
- Deion Sanders Diamond Turf [because] strap across the top changed the game. (1994)
- Honorable Mentions: Reebok Blackturf Hexalite forced Nike to revamp their Flight Brand and Reebok Pump forced Nike to make a modified version of the pump.
Chuckway: I own about 70 pair of Chucks and some Timbs, but if I had to wear another type of sneakers it would be Jordans or the old school Adidas.
Hollywood FLOSS: Jordan 3s (Black/Cement). Spike Lee endorsed them and we fell in love with them. The leather mixed with the elephant print is a great combination and one of a kind
- Penny 1/Foamposite. I couldn't pick a clear winner between the two, but these two from the Penny collection are a must have from the collection. The original Foamposites were the first shoes to ever mold your feet as you wore them. Dope technology.
- Nike Air Trainer SC. Bo Jackson. 'Nuff Said.