25. The first Astros pitcher to collect a loss will be Brett Myers when he blows a save -- that save will probably be blown by way of a home run.
24. Jim Crane will fire Milo Hamilton in mid-May after Crane, stuck in his car and not able to make a home game, gets pissed that the only thing he learns is what Milo had for lunch.
23. What number will be higher? The number of home runs hit by Carlos Lee or the number of games missed by new shortstop Jed Lowrie?
22. On the plus side, the Astros aren't the Chicago Cubs.
21. At some point around the All-Star break, Jeff Luhnow will snap and, instead of implying that Ed Wade's an idiot, will come right out and say it.
20. The Astros will not lose more than 100 games this season.
19. Hey, this is the last year of Brandon Lyon's contract.
18. The Astros will be bad this season, but they won't be the worst team in major league baseball.
17. Games will be shorter this season as Humberto Quintero won't be around to throw down to first base after every pitch.
16. Carlos Lee will run at some point this season. It might be to the buffet, but at some point, he'll attempt to flash some speed.
15. If you want to catch a home run ball, be sure to go to a game when J.A. Happ's pitching.
14. How is J.A. Happ still in a major league rotation?
13. Chris Johnson will excel at third base, both on offense and defense.
12. Hey, did you know the Astros are moving to the American League West next season?
11. Which will be higher: Carlos Lee's batting average, or his weight? 10. Don't worry, the Astros will get to see Albert Pujols again next season.
9. Since Brett Wallace is starting the season in AAA, who will be the young player destroyed by Brad Mills this season? I'm thinking Jose Altuve.
8. I'm really, really, really hoping that at some point this season, the Astros have, for the first time in MLB history, two UH Cougar catchers on the major league roster (Chris Snyder and Chris Wallace).
7. Jeff Luhnow won't blow the number one draft pick.
6. At least Astros fans won't have to worry about the team blowing a huge lead at the end of the season like the Braves and Red Sox did last season.
5. Bill Brown and Jim Deshaies will continue to be the best broadcasting team in baseball.
4. Am I the only one who fears Brad Mills will find another way to get an entire season of at-bats for Angel Sanchez?
3. Jordan Lyles will replace J.A. Happ in the rotation by mid-June.
2. J.D. Martinez will be the Astros' All-Star game representative.
1. Brad Mills will not be the manager next season.
Keep the Houston Press Free... Since we started the Houston Press, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Houston, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Houston with no paywalls.