We have some great commenters here on Hair Balls, and it's time we paid some damn attention to them.
So we'll be highlighting a Comment of the Day each morning, from the previous day's work. Maybe two comments, even.
This will all be determined by a highly rigorous scientific formula involving wit, clarity and whatever else we feel like at the moment.
We analyzed what UH's move to the expanded Big East conference will mean.
One reader took note that the "expanded Big East" has really emphasized the "expanded."
big red wrote:
71% of the earth is covered with water. The other 29% is covered by the new expanded Big East.
Keep the Houston Press Free... Since we started the Houston Press, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Houston, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Houston with no paywalls.