As much as we hate the term, this is definitely a "first-world problem."
According to the front-desk receptionist, the hot water at Tellepsen Family Downtown YMCA was out for several hours this morning.
By 8:45 a.m. the problem was resolved. No doubt all those executives who make the location part of their morning routine got a rude awakening.
We just hope they sucked it up and showered in the cold, since walking into an office with your morning workout sweat is far from kosher.
The problem was reportedly caused by a malfunctioning boiler, according to one person at the front desk. The hot water to the showers was out for a couple of hours.
Keep the Houston Press Free... Since we started the Houston Press, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Houston, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Houston with no paywalls.