The Houston FBI wants to get the word out about a $20,000 reward for information leading to the identification, arrest and conviction of the "Bayou Bandit," who they believe could have robbed eleven banks in Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Mississippi, since March.
Although Houston agents don't believe the BB has hit any Texas banks, they want to expand coverage and assist the New Orleans FBI office, which is offering the reward.
The suspect is described as a white male, 40-50 years old, 5'10-6' tall, with an average build. According to an FBI press release, he "typically enters the bank and presents a note to the teller demanding money. The unknown suspect has worn a baseball hat, dark sunglasses, and a dark-colored shirt."
Anyone with information is asked to call the FBI's New Orleans office at 504-816-3000.
He is believed to have hit the following banks:
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Jeff Davis Bank, Jennings, LA, March 1
- Whitney National Bank, Sulphur, LA, April 26
- First Bank of Crowley, Crowley, LA, July 8
- Rayne State Bank and Trust, Rayne, LA, July 8
- International Bank of Commerce, Ardmore, OK, June 23
- BankFirst, Marietta, OK, June 24
- First United Bank, Pauls Valley, OK, July 17
- First Federal Bank, Fayateville, AR, July 29
- Pioneer Bank, Carlsbad, NM, August 5
- Western Commerce Bank, Carlsbad, NM, August 5
- Regions Bank, Natchez, MS, August 16