As he hinted at his Houston appearance, Glenn Beck, the face of Fox News to so many Americans who recoil in horror at Fox News, will be ending his TV show.
He'll still do occasional specials, and tour, but your daily dose of Beckensian madness will no longer be on TV.
We'll miss the freakouts and the weirdness. Here are five, from both his radio show and epic TV daily bullletin of bravery.
5. Target: Keith Olbermann Glenn gets very confused by how other opinion shows are put together.
4. The Health Care Scream Beck shouts the salient point that American health care is so bad that "Speakers of the Parliament of Australia who can't get their prostate treatment!!" come here.
3. Creepy Lover Here Glenn Beck demonstrates how not to get laid.
2. Gandhi was Filled with Rage, Not Me So just ignore the barking, please.
1. Glenn & Santa Glenn buys candy during his "Christmas Sweater" tour, and we are supposed to be fascinated. No freakout, but again, creepy.
Keep the Houston Press Free... Since we started the Houston Press, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Houston, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Houston with no paywalls.