Channel 11 had ashocking report
this morning about how kids' Halloween costumes are becoming "skanky."
To back this up, they showed a lot of costumes consisting of long pants and shirts that -- gasp! -- displayed belly buttons , with no regard for whether they were innies or outies.
They interviewed a worker at Halloween Express, who somehow said the store allows parents to choose the outfits for their kids. As opposed to forcing them to buy certain outfits, we guess.
Anyway, the piece failed to show what are no doubt the top five costumes you don't want to see your kid wear this Halloween:
5. The Jenna Jameson Jumper. This kicky little number features an EZ-Wash fabric that makes it a cinch to get rid of any kind of stain.
4. The Bill White Mask. "Trick or fucking treat!! Trick or fucking treat!! There better be no 'healthy treats' here or there's going to be a fucking riot!!"
3. The Brandon Backe Wedding Suit. It's go time! (12-pack of Natty Lite not included.)
2. Britney Spears' Exit-the-SUV Costume. The paparazzi will love it! Parents, not so much.
1. Ass-less Chaps. For the budding Montrose resident.
-- Richard Connelly
Keep the Houston Press Free... Since we started the Houston Press, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Houston, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Houston with no paywalls.