It's Lunar Eclipse Night!! Feel the excitement!!
What? You're not on the edge of your seat? Check out this paragraph from ABC News:
If the sky is clear, experts say the show might be extra spectacular, as the moon will have a reddish glow.
Viewing a lunar eclipse is no simple thing, however. Here are five tips for the novice, each of which might be totally worthless, if you plan to be out between 1 a.m. and 3 a.m. tonight:
5. Cue up Dark Side of the Moon just as Dorothy gets on the bike with Toto. You won't believe what happens.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to the mission of the Houston Press. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Houston’s stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
4. In order to view the eclipse, YOU MUST build an elaborate gizmo involving a cardboard box and a pinhole. You can go blind staring directly at the moon, even when it's in eclipse. We're sure we read this somewhere.
3. Drinking game: Take one shot/slug of beer whenever you feel like it, because it's probably going to be too cloudy anyway.
2. Impress your friends with this bit of scientific knowledge: The moon orbits around the Earth, not vice versa.
1. Reason to be glad you're trying to view the eclipse in Houston: You're not standing outside freezing your ass off trying to see something that is not going to be that big a deal.