| February 17, 2012 | 5:41pm
Support the independent voice of Houston and help keep the future of Houston Press free.
As much of the nation knows by now, Michael Berry attended a drag show in Montrose and allegedly got involved in a hit-and-run.
Berry is a minor-league version of Rush and Hannity, ranting on the radio with truthiness to disparage anything that isn't Tea Party Republican.
A Montrose gay bar is probably not the place most of his listening audience expected him to be.
But there are worse places he could be seen. Such as:
5. A Sheila Jackson Lee fundraiser With his checkbook or debit card ready and willing.
4. The Society for Reasonable Discussion of Political Issues In other words, a gathering of Commie-Muslim-loving traitors.
3. A Chevy Volt dealership If it ain't an SUV or pick-up, it ain't American.
2. A symposium of respected scientists and Nobel winners examining climate change Not unless there are at least three crackpots on the panel.
1. A mosque Because if you so much as set foot in a mosque, everyone knows you begin actively and surreptitiously pushing for sharia law to supplant the Constitution.
Follow Hair Balls News on Facebook and on Twitter @HairBallsNews.
Keep the Houston Press Free... Since we started the Houston Press, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Houston, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Houston with no paywalls.