I suppose if I were a parent, I would also be enraged by the unorthodox teachings of the fifth-grade substitute at MacGregor Middle School who had her kids call her Sister Jessica. But as it is, she just seems like fun. I can imagine us at happy hour together. Her chatter would be way more fascinating than the usual my-boss-sucks, these-are-my-weekend-plans, Barack-or-Hillary conversation.
This little story presents gem after gem from Sister Jessica. Among them:
• Don’t call her Miss, cuz that means mistress. While you’re at it, don’t call her Mister, either – that’s a slave owner.
• Sugar is cocaine.
• McDonald’s is Crack Donald’s.
• Burger King is Murder King.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to the mission of the Houston Press. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Houston’s stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
• Hair permanent and makeup cause cancer.
• There’s rat poison in toothpaste.
• And, of course, God doesn’t exist.
What I want to know is, why’d the kids nark on this woman? Best. Substitute. Teacher. Ever! (Sister Jess, give me a call. Beer’s on me!) – Cathy Matusow