The Michigan Wolverines may have ushered in the official Twitterized world of college football by painting #goblue in two spots on the Michigan Stadium turf for its spring game.
(Yeah, yeah, Mississippi State has done something similar. Thing is, nobody cares about Mississippi State.)
Some other schools could also elevate their social-media footprints, especially with these suggested hashtags.
5. Texas A&M #secedingsuccess #lastplace It's not like A&M was tearing it up in the Big 12 Conference, so once the SEC novelty wears off -- especially after Florida and LSU hang a combined 100 on the Ags at the suddenly-not-good-enough Kyle Field -- the Aggies can at least drop an "I told you so."
4. Arkansas #midlifecrisis #tryedbutfailed In the span of a week, Bobby Petrino's midlife crisis ruined the lives of his wife, his four children, his mistress Jessica Dorrell and countless Razorback fans. Maybe Petrino should have "tryed" harder at avoiding capture -- Petrino misspelled "tried" in his handwritten comments to the police -- so that his clichéd existential calamity wouldn't have become such a public charade.
3. Texas Christian #stonedfrogs #puffpuffgive In February, following a six-month drug sting by Fort Worth law enforcement, a handful of Horned Frog football players were charged with felony marijuana peddling. To really get the message across, the grounds crew could paint a smoldering dooby in the mouth of the cartoon frog. (Too bad there can't be a game on 4/20 Day.)
2. Ohio State #tattoo #luckythirteen After the NCAA caught Buckeye football players trading autographs and merch for cash and ink -- and busted former head coach Jim Tressel for lying -- Ohio State was forced to vacate all of its wins from its 12-1 season in 2010. These hashtags, like a tattoo, should be permanent fixtures at Ohio Stadium, especially when bitter rival and quicker-on-the-Twitter-draw Michigan is stomping the depleted OSU program.
1. Houston #tieronetieronetieroneahhhh Everything UH has been doing of late has been touting its wannabe tier-one distinction. Just because you say it a lot doesn't make it so. However, maybe dreams will come true after unveiling this subtle design.