The Houston Texans travel to Baltimore Sunday for the biggest game in franchise history, a game that could take them to the AFC championship.
So we need to build up a big hatred of Baltimore, right?
Turns out that's not so easy to do.
Five reasons to hate Baltimore and/or the Ravens, with caveats:
5. Step Up 2 The Streets was filmed there On the other hand, so were The Wire, Diner, Homicide and Twelve Monkeys.
4. Their team's "traditions" are modern inventions On the other hand, they got screwed by Colts owner Robert Irsay even worse than Oiler fans were by Bud Adams. (Although which is worse: Leaving the city in the middle of the night, or hanging for a couple of desultory lame-duck seasons?)
3. The Tex-Mex in Baltimore is really bad Ah, but the crab cakes....
2. Ray Lewis is a thug On the other hand, he does enough charity work to make Bob McNair happy.
1. They're a playoff team with Joe Flacco at quarterback "Starting at quarterback, number 13....T.J. Yates!!!!"
Keep the Houston Press Free... Since we started the Houston Press, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Houston, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Houston with no paywalls.