The Fabulous Baker Boys: Trailer Park Fracas Lands Three Brothers in Jail

Three Corpus Christi brothers and an unrelated man spent the weekend in the Nueces County Jail after a trailer park donnybrook involving a gun, a baseball bat and an assault of a police officer.

According to a CCPD press release, cops were summoned to the Christy Mobile Home Park Thursday night to investigate a shots-fired complaint. Witnesses on the scene told them that 26-year-old Cory Paul Baker had been seen popping off a pistol in the parking lot.

One of the witnesses came out of his trailer to confront Baker, who allegedly responded by conking him on the head with a baseball bat. (The victim was not seriously injured.)

While officers were taking Cory Baker into custody, enter Baker brother number two, shag-haired 28-year-old Cody James Baker, "cussing and yelling and [appearing] to be intoxicated," according to the release. The Benji Orr-with-bedhead lookalike found out who was gonna drive him home to jail that night: the police, on a charge of public intoxication.

But not if brother number three had anything to say about it.

That would be 35-year-old Marshal Anthony Baker. Police say he attempted to drag his drunken brother from their clutches, and a struggle ensued, during which Marshal Baker allegedly slugged one of the cops in the mouth, busting the cop's lip. That earned Marshal a swift jolt from a Taser, after which he was handcuffed and tossed in the back of a squad car.

Marshal Baker was charged with assault/bodily injury of a public servant, which is punishable by up to ten years in prison, and also with interfering with public duties, which is punishable by up to 180 days in jail.

Cory Baker, a fan of George Jones, South Park Mexican and "Lifted Trucks and Dirty Sluts," not to mention metalhead Marshal Baker's only Facebook friend, was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a second-degree felony that could get him up to 20 years in prison. That was for the bat attack; firing the gun could also get him six months behind bars.

A fourth man was hauled off for warrants unrelated to the donnybrook.

We use cookies to collect and analyze information on site performance and usage, and to enhance and customize content and advertisements. By clicking 'X' or continuing to use the site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. To find out more, visit our cookies policy and our privacy policy.


Join the Press community and help support independent local journalism in Houston.


Join the Press community and help support independent local journalism in Houston.