The Global Language Monitor has now recognized "Tebowing" -- "the act of taking a knee in prayer during an athletic contest" -- as an English language word.
Pretty sure we're not the only ones that feel that way, considering these ten tweets that dissed the Denver Broncos' signal caller during and after his team's 13-10 overtime win against the Chicago Bears.
The winning tweet comes from our very own John Royal, who gives due props to the dude who helped the Houston Texans clinch the AFC South with two awesome touchdown drives (unlike "God's Quarterback," who needed two improbable kicks from his placekicker to secure the W).
10. @matthewstoller So awesome how Tim Tebow stopped the Bears on defense and then kicked a 59 yard field goal.
9. @Red_DMartin Tim Tebow deserves all of these props for out-dueling the great Caleb Hanie.
8. @BorowitzReport God is totally preoccupied with helping NFL QBs win, which is why he forgets to prevent tsunamis. #nfl #tebow #God
7. @BizballMaury BREAKING: ESPN to wed Tim Tebow
6. @tepper The people blaming Tony Romo for this loss are the same people who think Tim Tebow is a good quarterback.
5. @zachbraff "Dude, seriously, shut-up." - God to Tebow 4. @ReillyRick If you read Tom Brady's lips when he was arguing with his coach he said "who the f*** do you think I am Tim Tebow?" 3. @YeahitsWeird Tim Tebow would rather wear a promise ring than a Super Bowl ring.
2. @russbengtson Hope Eli starts his postgame interview by giving thanks to Tim Tebow.
1. @John_Royal T.J. Yates > Tebow.
Keep the Houston Press Free... Since we started the Houston Press, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Houston, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Houston with no paywalls.