UPDATE: The four firefighters taken to the hospital died as the result of injuries and smoke inhalation according to reports. One of them was a 24-year-old rookie, Anne Sullivan.
Multiple outlets are reporting a five-alarm fire at the Bhojan Restaurant at 6855 Southwest Freeway. The fire, which continues to burn at the time this was written, has sent four firefighters to the hospital, all in critical condition. KHOU is reporting one of the firefighters was being given CPR by EMTs.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
So far, there is no word on the safety of hotel guests or diners at the restaurant. There is also no indication of how the fire started, but smoke is blowing across the freeway, creating difficult driving conditions and significant traffic in the area. Bhojan is an Indian vegetarian restaurant in the Sharpstown area inside the Southwest Inn, at the same location.