We all have at least one - that friend who is obsessed with everything food. Luckily, shopping for him doesn't have to break the bank. Here are ten options, all under $25.
Gift that Keeps on Giving One of the best gifts we've ever received, magazine subscriptions keep on giving the whole year round. And with holiday bonus offers (we think "a friend" means you), everybody wins.
10. Bon Appetit $20 Buy a 12-month subscription; get an additional 12-month subscription for "a friend" and a free Holiday Cookies Cookbook.
9. Food & Wine $19.99 Buy a 12-month subscription; get an additional 6 month subscription for "a friend."
Fine Art of the Coffee Break These gifts from the Museum of Metropolitan Art (MoMA) Store infuse art and style into the coffee break.
8. Half-Pint Creamer (2009) $16 When is a milk carton chic? When it's sculpted entirely of dishwasher and microwave-safe borosilicate glass.
7. New York Coffee Cup, Graham Hill, (2003) $16 New Yorkers go through more than 180 million of the iconic "We Are Happy To Serve You" paper coffee cups every year, first introduced in 1963. Hipsters and food fans alike with love the more permanent, ceramic version of the design, manufactured of lead-free earthenware. Microwave and dishwasher safe.
6. Tea Stick Infuser, Oliver Wahl and Peter Golz (2006) $24 For those that prefer a cup of tea to a cup of Joe. Fill this wand-shaped infuser with loose tea and swirl in a cup of hot water for a single serving of tea. Dishwasher safe.
Innovative Design Joseph Joseph sells creative solutions to common cooking annoyances.
5. Spaghetti Measure $7 Never make too much pasta again! The Spaghetti Measure's camera-like aperture measures how many servings your dry pasta will yield.
4. Scoop Colander $7 We've all done it. You're draining excess grease or liquids from a heavy pan, usually with the aide of a stirring spoon or a lid, and it's working well enough...perhaps if you just tilt the pan a little more...aaaand now everything's on the floor, in the sink, etc. This fun, dishwasher safe gadget allows you to safely scoop and drain directly from the dish. And it looks just like a litter scoop.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
3. Gin & Titonic Ice Cube Trays, Fred & Friends (2001) $6 These guys are the kings of mini ice sculpture. The Gin & Titonic set features molds for four icebergs and four Titanics. Kate and Leo sold separately.
2. Wine Monkey (2000) $10 Because every party needs a monkey (wine cover).
1. "Beat It" Drumstick Chopsticks (2010) $11.99 On one end, ordinary chopstick; on the other--bitchin' drumsticks. Drive your point home at dinner with a punctuated rim shot, or provide a drum roll for the main course.