Today Jason Bargas reminisced about the time he drank some Miller High Lifes and decided to open a food truck, then asked readers about their ideas for food truck names. Commenter T. J. Cookwell seemed to have a list at the ready, judging from this quick reply:
- Nacho O'Queso's (Tex-Mex)
- Good Cup Bad Cup (Coffee)
- "I Can't Believe It's Not Buttercream" (Cupcakes)
- "Buffalo" Wangs (Chinese featuring buffalo chicken spring rolls)
- Oye (Como) Veh ( A Jewish / Mexican theme)
- Carbon 14 (BBQ)
- Scienceburger (when parked by Rice University)
- Intelligent Design Burgers and Fries (when parked by fundamentalist churches)
- The Missing Link (BBQ)
- Truman Chipotle's
- Edgar Allan Po-Boys
- The Moose and the Squirrel (Russian)
- Ofay Honkey's (Southern cooking)
Although a few of these are questionable, we couldn't resist others. Truman Chipotle's? Edgar Allan Po-Boys? Sold!
Keep the Houston Press Free... Since we started the Houston Press, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Houston, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Houston with no paywalls.