1. Ray's Franks All beef hot dogs with lots of interesting ingredients to spare. Curry ketchup is a favorite, along with the combination of grilled green chilies, cucumbers, banana peppers, jalapenos, AND curry ketchup on the ominously named "Chupacabra." Don't fret if you're not a lover of encased meats, as their burgers are fresh, huge, and oozing beef juices down your chin with every bite. Also, scissor stix, the marriage of fried onion and jalapeno strips, are great in preventing that midday hangover.
2. Last Concert Cafe While you'd have to stick around for a while after the Saturday tours, a visit to this place after the 3 p.m. weekday tour wouldn't be a bad idea. With an open back area filled with sand and occasional drafts of some left handed cigarette smoke, you can continue your buzz with a contact high, some LCC tacos (shredded chicken) and a margarita or two. Stick around to see what bands end up on the main stage out back.
3. Hearsay While the term "gastro lounge" might remind you of something else after a daytime drinking binge, it is an upscale option to consider for gourmet pub grub when you've got the beer munchies. Get a bite of their beer-battered (St. A of course) asparagus if you're in the mood for snacking or a meal of lamb chop pops. While expensive, their house cocktails may be a smooth change of pace after all the heavy beer drinking.
4. Frank's Pizza Transport your drunk ass to NYC with a giant slice of New York style pizza pie sprinkled with pepper flakes and showered with parmesan. Frank's offers plenty of vegetarian options for those of you that harbor resentment towards dead animal flesh (or those that simply prefer to abstain from the stuff). The low-key atmosphere and casual options are quite complimentary for a rowdy group.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
5. Bitterman's Market Square Bar & Grill The epitome of good bar food, Market Square offers hearty appetizers and sandwiches that you'll be craving after an afternoon of debauchery. There are also giant salads for you or your companions that may be less than inclined to order shrimp bombers or chipotle poppers. Burgers, sandwiches and tuna plates are all winners with a pint of your favorite beverage, or just plain water.