This recipe for mac and cheese is gluttonous and everything our diet stands against. However, we're pretty sure we'd get thrown out of our family's holiday gatherings without it. This is a thick cheese-with-noodles-floating-in-it pudding, and it is ridiculously good. It's also really simple and requires minimal prep time.
The recipe, after the jump.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Mac and Cheese
- 1 small block Velveeta
- 1 package elbow macaroni, 8- or 12-ounce package
- 1 bag Italian cheese blend (usually 6 cheese, with Parmesan, etc.)
- 1 bag casserole cheese blend (usually 4 cheese, with cheddar and Monterrey Jack)
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- a big microwave bowl and a big bowl for mixing
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare macaroni and drain. Set in a greased baking dish. Mix all the shredded cheese together in a mixing bowl. In a microwaveable bowl, add cubed Velveeta, milk, pepper, and butter. Microwave in one-minute increments for three minutes, or until cheese is melted, stirring in between nukings. Add one handful mixed cheese to melted stuff and stir. Pour a little over noodles in pan and stir. Pour remainder of Velveeta over noodles and stir till evenly mixed. Sprinkle all the cheese on top of the pan and bake until top is golden brown (about 20 minutes).