Today's Houston Press Voice Daily Deal will score you half-off ($20 for $40) early admission VIP and General Admission tickets to the Houston Food Truck Fest at Stereo Live on Sunday, May 18. If you opt for VIP you can stuff yourself silly from noon to 5 p.m.; general admission ticketholders gain admission at 1 p.m.
In addition to an extra hour of food trucking, a VIP ticket is also good for reserved free non-alcoholic beverages, and access to the VIP section with covered patio seating, restrooms, and bars.
Twelve food trucks will be participating, including Bernie's Burger Bus, Fraiche Mobile, Good Dog Hot Dogs, and The Waffle Bus, among others. This is a family-friendly event, and kids 12 and under are free! Music will be provided by The Elroys, while in the VIP area U of H Cool Radio's DJ Ukemi will be providing additional entertainment.
Limited quantities are available, so snap up your tickets now. Ticket price does not include food from trucks.
- Save 50 percent (deals start from $38) on a Brazilian Churrasco Dinner for two, four or six at Pradaria Steaks & Churrascaria. Limit one voucher per person, one additional as gift; limit one voucher per table, valid only for option purchased. Reservations required, dine-in only; voucher expires June 5, 2013.
- Save 50 percent ($20 for $40) on authentic South Africa cuisine at Peli Peli. Limit one voucher per person, two additional as gifts; limit one per party or table. Limit one per visit; dine-in only. Additional restrictions apply, see deal for details; vouchers expire June 12, 2013.
- Save 57 percent ($35 for $81) at Union Kitchen (Bellaire or Memorial). Enjoy a three-course dinner for two at either of Union Kitchen's locations now through July 6, 2013. Limit one voucher per table, reservations required; see deal for additional restrictions.
- Save 57 percent ($39 for $76) on an unlimited Brazilian steakhouse dinner for two at Nelore Churrascaria. Vouchers valid now through July 29, 2013; limit one voucher per table, reservations are required. See deal for additional rules and restrictions, including blackout dates.
- Half off at Lucille's: $10 for $20 on lunch, or $20 for $40 on dinner.
- Half off at Pesca: $10 for $20 on lunch, or $20 for $40.
Keep the Houston Press Free... Since we started the Houston Press, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Houston, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Houston with no paywalls.