Are you still segregating your cereals in this day and age? Tsk, tsk. The homogeneous cereal consumption experience is not nearly as fun as mixing your Post with your Kellog's with your General Mills. Diversify your breakfast with these five dry cereal combinations:
5. Dulce de Leche Cheerios + Apple Cinnamon Cheerios. Ever crave a caramel apple before noon but fear the judgmental stares of your coworkers? Just toss together some Dulce de Leche and Apple Cinnamon Cheerios and you'll fool your taste buds. Not permanently but at least until 5 p.m. and you can make a run to the fair.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
4. Raisin Bran Crunch + Special K Red Berries. Plain raisin bran can be a hefty cereal to swallow, so I suggest lightening the load with Special K's lighter rice flakes. The dried strawberries alongside the raisins provide a varied chewy fruity sweetness that also livens up the harsher bran and contrasts well with crunchy oat bits.
3. Golden Grahams + Vanilla Chex. If you are the type of person who eats pie more for the crust than the filling, then this pairing is right up your alley. The strong vanilla flavor is nicely tempered by the grittier graham, and with the addition of some sliced banana, you have a terrific balance of soft starches and toasted grains.
2. Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch + Cocoa Puffs. Not exactly a healthful, balanced breakfast but certainly a better dessert alternative than that monstrous piece of chocolate peanut butter pie you were eyeing. For extra creamy sweetness, preheat your milk in the microwave.
1. Cinnamon Toast Crunch + Pumpkin Flax Granola. Tastes like autumn in a bowl. The combination of nutty pumpkin granola and cinnamon squares means a highly textured cereal experience; all the crunching makes me nostalgic for jumping in leaf piles.