1. JELL-O Pudding Pops - Who could forget Bill Cosby and his pudding? Well, Bill Cosby isn't around much anymore, and neither are JELL-O pudding pops. When people want something back, they turn to Facebook, which has more than 2,000 pudding pop fans. Kraft, who made them, has a recipe on how to make them at home on its website. Somehow, we don't think it's the same.
2. HI-C Ecto-Cooler - "I ain't afraid of no ghost." Oh, how those words bring back memories of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and Bill Murray. And don't forget Slimer. In 2001, Ecto-Cooler was renamed Shoutin' Orange Tangergreen; in 2006, it became Crazy Citrus Cooler. We may have lost this delicious piece of nostalgia in 2007, but people still yearn for it. The citrusy beverage has a Facebook following and a cocktail inspired by it.
3. Hostess Pudding Pies - Apparently, we miss our pudding in frozen form and in pie form. And when it's green and named Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle pie, it's even better. You can still find the fruit-filled pies, but not the vanilla pudding-filled. If you're desperate for your pudding pie fix, you can join the 1,416 people who have signed an online petition to bring them back.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
4. Planter's Cheez Balls - Nothing said fake cheesy goodness like Planter's Cheez Balls. In 2006, Planter's discontinued the beloved Cheez Balls, infuriating the public. Googling Planter's Cheez Balls will bring up multiple websites devoted to bringing them back, including a Facebook page with 518 members and an online petition with 12,851 electronic signatures. Obviously, we aren't the only ones who miss them.
5. Fun Dip - There's some good news for nostalgic food lovers - Fun Dip is still around. You may remember it as Lik-M-Aid. The name changed in 1989 when The Willy Wonka Candy Company added it to the Wonka product line. Today, Fun Dip comes in traditional and fancy flavors, including sour watermelon, sour apple, and sour lemonade. And, yes, you can make a Fun Dip cocktail.