Today's VOICE Deal of the Day is at one of my favorite spots to have lunch: Bowl Café on Richmond. Woo-hoo! Here are links to that deal and more for today, Tuesday April 26, 2011:
Vegetarian and vegan-friendly, Bowl has a great menu of salads, sandwiches, soups and pizzas. Order off the menu or create your own salad one ingredient at a time. Unlimited vouchers may be purchased for this week's deal; must use complete voucher value in one visit. You can register online to receive the VOICE daily deal. Gift certificate valid through 10/26/11.
2) Groupon has 50 percent off ($20 for $40) Mexican fare at Las Ventanas Restaurant and Cantina, at 14555 Grisby Rd. in the Energy Corridor. Limit one per person; may purchase two as gifts. Limit one per visit, one per table; expires 10/28/11. This Groupon is valid for $45 Monday through Wednesday and $40 Thursday through Sunday; not valid for Sunday brunch.
3) HoustonEntree.com: The following HoustonEntree.com offers are good for food only; alcohol is excluded per TABC rules.
• 50 percent off at Paulie's Neighborhood Café ($10 for $20), deal expires 8/31/11. • 50 percent off at Tommy's Restaurant Oyster Bar in Clear Lake ($10 for $20 or $20 for $40), deal expires 8/31/11. • 50 percent off at Royal Oak Bar and Grill ($7 for $14), deal expires 7/31/11.
• 50 percent off at DunoBaby Tapioca Café (Sugarland/West Houston) ($10 for $20). Limit 5 per person; additional as gifts. One per table, per visit; dine-in and take-out only. Vouchers expire 10/27/11. • 61 percent off at Green Plate Kids (Kirby Dr.) ($15 for $30 on kid-friendly, nutritious meals PLUS half-dozen cookies). Limit one per person, additional as gifts. Meals must be ordered online in advance and are subject to availability; pick-up Monday, Wednesday, Friday 2-6 p.m. only. Expires 9/2/11.
5) Buy With Me
• 50 percent off at YAO Restaurant & Bar ($15 for $30). Limit 1 voucher per person, unlimited gift vouchers permitted. One voucher per couple, 2 per table maximum; dine-in only; food and non-alcoholic drink only. Voucher expires 10/25/11.
Keep the Houston Press Free... Since we started the Houston Press, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Houston, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Houston with no paywalls.