Warm up from the inside out with today's VOICE Daily Deal from the Houston Press, good for 50 percent off ($12 for $24) spicy Vietnamese fare from Kim Chau. Owner Kim Tang showcases the flavors of the city of Hue, Vietman, such as her popular Bun bo Hue--a rice noodle soup in which beef slices, pork shank, and a hint of lemongrass swim in a savory, spicy beef broth. Among other favorites are classic fried rice and steak, and Bun Rieu--rice vermicelli with minced prawns and tomatoes in a shrimp and pork broth. Perfect comfort food for these chilly temperatures.
May purchase multiple vouchers; voucher expires 6/1/12. Valid at Long Point location only. Register to receive daily updates on the VOICE Daily Deal.
More great deals after the jump.
• 50 percent off ($10 for $20) at Wingaritas. Limit one per person, two additional as gifts; limit one per table. Dine-in only; voucher expires 6/13/12. • 50 percent off ($10 for $20) at The Fish Place (Spring). Limit one per person, two additional as gifts; limit one per table, for option purchased only. See deal for additional details. Voucher expires 3/14/12. • 50 percent off ($10 for $20) at Paparazzi Pizza (Friendswood). Limit one per person, one additional as gift; limit one per table, for option purchased only. Dine-in and carry-out only; see deal for additional details. Voucher expires 3/7/12.
• 51 percent off dinner for two ($44) or four ($88) ($7 for $15) at Guir do Sul Brazilian Steakhouse (The Woodlands). Limit one per table, per visit. Limit one per person, additional as gifts. Reservations required. Expires 4/8/12.
• 50 percent off at Las Ventanas ($15 for $30 or $25 for $50), deal expires 4/30/12. • 50 percent off at Byblos ($10 for $20 or $20 for $40), deal expires 4/30/12. • 50 percent off at Bombay Brasserie ($20 for $40), deal expires 3/30/12.
•Enter promo code GIFT to receive five $25 gift cards for $3 each, plus one free.
Buy With Me
• 42 percent off of two ($20 for $35) "Food Lovers' Guide to Houston" by Kristin Finan. Order by December 15 for delivery before December 22.
• $60 prix fixe menu for two ($120 value) or $40 for $80 at Trio Steakhouse & Bar (Cypress). May purchase multiples, limit one per table; voucher expires 6/8/12.
Keep the Houston Press Free... Since we started the Houston Press, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Houston, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Houston with no paywalls.