All photos by Jacob Katel Welcome to Twerklandia.
We all know that there are lots of ways to become immortalized at a massive outdoor music gathering like Ultra Music Festival.
But yo' momma would probably prefer if you lived forever among these top ten twerking, Harlem Shake-ing ravers at Ultra 2013 in animated GIF!
10. Twerk Au Natural Dancing to: Major Lazer Now that's what you call air conditioning.
9. Harlem (Belly) Shake Dancing to: Major Lazer No joke -- this dude literally had the 10,000-strong amphitheater audience screaming for him.
8. Balla' Rina Dancing to: Benny Benassi And if anybody ever talks shit about tutus again, just show them this picture on the Wikipedia page for "sexy and awesome."
7. Global Village People Dancing to: Laidback Luke In the native Ultrarian culture, this dance calls down perfect storms of bass.
6. O Face Dancing to: 12th Planet Physiological signs of aural orgasm include rapid hip convulsion, arching of the back, and muscular constriction, followed by massive feeling of release
5. I See Wet People Dancing to: Laidback Luke And if you would have answered the Craigslist ad for "Aquatic Engineer Miami," this job could have been yours.
4. Burqueños Dancing to: Benny Benassi This crew hails from the city of the Breaking Bad, and they party harder than a fresh batch of Heisenberg. One time for the Lobos landed up in the MIA.
3. EDM Fitness Dancing to: Magda With only ten reps of "soul house," five sets of "trance lifts," and 30 intense minutes of "air keys" a day, you too can achieve the ideal party body.
2. Hoop There It Is Dancing to: Bingo Players Ring dancing goes back thousands of years. But Richard Knerr and Arthur "Spud" Melin, inventors of the modern plastic hula hoop: Holey fuckin' thank you.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to the mission of the Houston Press. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Houston’s stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
1. The First Lady of Twerkistan Dancing to: Major Lazer And as for the terms ay ay ay, oooooowwwwweeee, and wubba wubba wubba, here's why they were invented.