The father who killed Jesus Mora Flores because he was raping his daughter will not be charged with any crime, the Lavaca County district attorney has announced.
A grand jury heard evidence in the case and declined to indict the father, who said he was acting to protect his child.
“The physical evidence at the scene appeared to substantiate the father’s account. When emergency personnel arrived, Jesus Mora Flores’ pants and underwear were down and the man’s genitals were exposed,” Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon told reporters.
The father received a huge amount of support once the story went viral on the web. Flores, 64, had been hired by the dad to help with the horses he owned. The father said he heard a scream and found Flores attacking his five-year-old daughter.
Follow Houston Press on Facebook and on Twitter @HairBallsNews or @HoustonPress.
This article appears in Jun 14-20, 2012.
