Ever had the sudden urge to grab a handful of your dirty cat litter and eat it? Me neither, but when Halloween rolls around, it seems that the nastier the presentation, the more acceptably awesome the dessert. With that criteria, this should come in at a "10" in the disgusting department. Impress your friends and neighbors with this kitty litter monstrosity, adapted from this recipe on Fabulousfoods.com.
To make a kitty litter cake, all you need is:
- 1 really weird/disgusting sense of humor
- 1 box of German chocolate cake mix (and all the stuff that goes along with making it)
- 1 box of butter cake mix (plus anything required to prepare it according to the instructions)
- 1 - 2 large packages of vanilla pudding mix (see the previous two parentheses)
- 1 package of vanilla sandwich cookies
- Few drops of green food coloring
- 5-6 large Tootsie Rolls
- Never-used kitty litter pan
- Never-used kitty litter scoop
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Make both cake mixes and pudding according to package directions. Let the cakes and pudding cool. Crumble the cakes into the clean kitty litter pan with your hands (and yes, you'll have lots of cake crumbs stuck under your fingernails for a while). Pulse the cookies in batches in a food processor, scraping the side as necessary. Try to keep the cookies crumbly, without pulverizing. Mix half of the cookie mixture into the cake crumbs and add the pudding to a consistency you like. I only used one box of pudding, and it worked out perfectly for my tastes. Half the remaining cookie crumbs. Sprinkle one half over the top of the pudding/cake mixture. Add 10 drops of green food coloring to the other half of the cookie crumbs and combine. Sprinkle these over the top last. Place the tootsie rolls into the microwave for about 20 seconds - until they're pliable enough to shape into - there's no nice way of saying this - cat turds. Sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs on top of the Tootsie Rolls, and you have your masterpiece.