10 Rappers In The Guinness Book Of World Records*
*At one point or another
Coming in at No. 10...
The Guinness Book of World Records has always been a fascinating and somewhat random thing to be a part of. Some people strive to be in the book to get noticed, while others get in the book completely by accident for good and bad things alike. Here's a look at 10 of hip-hop's Guinness World Record holders.
10. Lil Wayne: Weezy has been known in hip-hop since he was a teenager. It's no surprise that he holds the record for Most U.S. Hot 100 Hits by a Rap Artist with 64 between 1999 and 2010. Wayne has also recently set a social media Guinness record on facebook with the most "likes" on a single comment in a 24-hour period with 588,243 "likes".
9. Twista: The Chicago native Twista was entered into the 1992 Guinness Book for being the fastest rapper in history, at a rate of 11.2 syllables per second.
8. Chiddy: Chiddy of the rap duo Chiddy Bang holds the most recent Guinness record for longest rap freestyle. He freestyled for 9 hours, 18 minutes, and 22 seconds at MTV's O Awards in Vegas.
GOT7 FLIGHT LOG: [TURBULENCE] IN USA 2017
TicketsFri., Jan. 27, 7:00pm
Ozz - A Tribute To Ozzy Osbourne
TicketsSat., Jan. 28, 7:00pm
Sevyn Streeter: The Girl Disrupted Tour
TicketsSat., Jan. 28, 7:00pm
TicketsSat., Jan. 28, 8:00pm
Super Bowl Gospel Celebration
TicketsFri., Feb. 3, 7:30pm
7. Tupac Shakur: The late great Tupac Shakur, who died 15 years ago this week, was enshrined in the 2004 Guinness Book for being the highest-selling rap artist. At that time, he had sold more than 67 million album worldwide.
6. Eminem: As controversial and successful member of the hip-hop community as there's ever been, Eminem got his first Guinness record when his second album, The Marshall Mathers LP, became the fastest-selling rap album in a week in 2000 at a clip of 1.76 million copies. Eminem also holds the current record for most "likes" on his official Facebook music page with 42.05 million.
5. Jay-Z: Jigga has three Guinness records. He holds the record for the most No. 1 rap solo albums on the Billboard 200, with 11 from 1998's Vol.2...Hard Knock Life through 2009's The Blueprint 3, as well as most rap albums to debut at No. 1. Jay also made the 2009 book with wife Beyonce, as the highest-earning power couple. That year the Carters collectively earned a whopping $122 million.
4. DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince: The duo were the first to receive a Grammy for Best Rap Performance for their 1988 hit "Parents Just Don't Understand." They decided to boycott the ceremony after finding out the Grammys would not air their category on television.
3. Master P: At some point in life, everyone liked Master P and No Limit. Why else would he be in the 1999 Guinness Book as the world's richest entertainer with a net worth of $361 million?
2. Snoop Dogg: Snoop has not yet broken the record, but he is on a mission to take Rev. Run's spot in the book as the person on Twitter with the most retweets. Rev. Run' s words of wisdom received enough retweets last year to break both the Twitter and Guinness records. Snoop has 4 million followers on Twitter and is determined to break the record.
1. Ludacris: The rapper/actor/activist got in the Guinness book for participating in the world's largest group shower, which had 1,000 participants. It sounds kinky, but it was for the environment and swimsuits were involved.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.