Talk Dirty to Me: Ten Filthy-Sounding Sports Terms
In few places are slang terms as popular as in sports. There is virtually an entire language dedicated to describing play on the field, court, course or pitch. These terms create sort of an insiders club of those who know them and follow along and those who don't and think the people using them sound ridiculous. A player that "goes yard" during the critical "rubber game" of a series can often be a hero even if you have no idea what he did or even what sport he is playing.
A lot of these slang terms also sound unintentionally dirty and we have taken notice. It's difficult to make it through a Sunday afternoon without chuckling just a little at the announcers during an NFL game as they discuss balls, holes and penetration.
We realize not all of you are hip to the lingo of sports, so we've prepared this little list of ten filthy-sounding sports terms to help you stay informed.
10. Penetrate deep into the backfield When a defensive player in football does this, it often results in a loss of yardage for the offense. In sex, this is really more win-win.
9. Stuff it in the hole In basketball, this kind of dunk can be violent and there is often celebrating afterward. In sex, well, same thing.
8. High and tight A pitcher can use this tactic to get the ball up in the strike zone and close to the batter. If he loses control of the pitch, it could end up giving the batter some "chin music." High and tight can also lead to chin music in sex if you aren't careful or are into that sort of thing, you filthy little pervert.
7. Going back door This is praised in basketball as a good way to score. In sex, it requires the right combination of partner and alcohol or you could get "rejected" as you try to "take it to the hole."
6. Hit it in the rough This is either a description of a golfer hitting the ball into the long grass off the fairway or a `70's porn title.
5. Double team This is a common defensive tactic used against particularly good players. To see examples of this in sex, you can to watch late night movies on Cinemax or just close your eyes and dare to dream.
4. Lay the wood In football and in sex, this is generally a good thing.
3. Facial When you dunk a basketball in the face of a defender, it can be humiliating for the defender. There have even been posters made of facials. Sexually speaking, humiliating posters of this sort of thing are not normally found outside San Francisco sex shops or Google images with "safe search" turned off.
2. Give the guy a blow While this phrase may be slang for giving a player a rest, if players really did get a "blow" when they came out of the game, we're pretty sure guys would be winded more often.
1. Come inside Throwing a ball inside on a batter is considered a risky maneuver because if the ball hits the player, there could be consequences later. Coming inside during sex is pretty much the same thing. It's why both the batter and the sex partner should consider wearing protection.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.
- Texas May Call Them Childcare Centers, Critics Say They're Prisons
Fri., Nov. 27, 7:00pm
Sat., Nov. 28, 2:30pm
Sat., Nov. 28, 7:00pm
Sun., Nov. 29, 12:00pm
- Charges Filed Against Mom, Boyfriend Who Found Baby Burned in Oven
- Abbott Says Guns Are Okay in Texas City Halls