How We Work
The Press has been Houston's leading independent news source since 1989. Every day we publish original reporting and compelling writing on local news, restaurants, music, arts and culture, providing a vital resource for readers who want to understand and engage with their community.
Highly motivated and always on the go, the Houston Press sales department is an experienced team of digital marketing professionals who bring full-funnel marketing solutions to local businesses.
The Houston Press Marketing team oversees the planning and execution of our annual signature events, as well as the daily promotion of all aspects of the Houston Press brand, including ongoing engagement with our readers and promotions for our clients.
The Houston Press production team establishes creative and innovative digital marketing designed uniquely for each client.
- Future - 401k plans so that you can plan for the future.
- Holidays - Time to spend with family and friends.
- Insurance - Health, dental, and vision to keep you healthy.
- Vacation - Time to re-charge the batteries.
- Fellowships - an unparalleled opportunity for young writers who wish to pursue a career in magazine-style journalism. And more!
Through it all, our writers have been wandering with eyes open and notebooks ready to bring Houston's hidden gems to surface, making our online presence a priceless resource for people who love Houston as much as we do.
Love? Yeah, that's right. If we've raked up some muck searching for those gems, that's because we love what Houston is and what it can become. Just don't tell anyone, though. We have a reputation to maintain."
|Digital Sales Executive||Sales||Houston|
Are you seeking a fast-paced, high-activity sales position? Are you a hunter who's ready to close big business in a competitive environment? We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual who will drive digital sales. By creating successful campaigns for clients, the Digital Sales Executive ensures growth within the business and retains clients for future campaigns.
This position is one of the most vital in the company, and we pride ourselves on leading the industry in ad performance, technology and, most of all, customer results. Our portfolio of solutions includes digital products that are designed to get results such as SEO, PPC, Paid Media, Display Advertising, Social Media, Programmatic, Retargeting, IP Targeting, E-mail, Mobile Advertising, Web Design, Content Production and more.
The Digital Sales Executive plays an important role in our business by meeting quick deadlines, keeping a full pipeline, managing sales activity, and communicating regularly with upper management. Attention to detail, staying informed of digital advertising best practices, and having a passion for all things digital are critical aspects of the position.
The Digital Sales Executive will:
● Prospect digital advertisers and aggressively pursue and close new business
● Possess a Hunter Mentality. This position is not about managing a book of business it is about identifying opportunities and closing new sales.
● Provide strategic advice and help small to mid-size businesses get the best ROI on their advertising investment by working closely with them in a consultative role.
● Acquire an intimate knowledge of our capabilities, specifically within our programmatic platforms, Paid Media and SEO.
● Be able to interpret market-analytics data and convey campaign wins to clients in order to retain clients and grow existing clients' monthly investments.
● Minimum 5 years experience in digital media sales (required)
● Proven prospecting and new business development skills - a true Hunter's mentality.
● Excellent interpersonal skills - a dynamic, strong, relationship builder.
● Proven ability to meet and exceed sales goals
● Passion, desire and motivation to sell digital products.
● Strong work ethic with the ability to work under pressure, organize and prioritize responsibilities
● Has demonstrated relationships with business owners, marketing directors, networking groups, and the community.
Job Types: Full-time, Salary + Commission
Earning Potential: $85,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
Interested Candidates please send your Cover Letter and Resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workplace.