(No) Beer at Concerts
For all the complaining I did growing up about wanting to buy beer at concerts (which was a lot), now that I'm of age I can't be bothered. I know what you're thinking: Beer and concerts go together like kegstands and house parties. But somewhere between being too cheap and actually being old enough to buy beer, it lost me. For whatever reason, I no longer see the awe of the clear plastic cup. Actually, there are several:
1. I hate beer. Something that tastes like warm piss does nothing for my palate.
2. Too expensive. Eight dollars for something that comes in a plastic cup? Eight bucks?!? For that price, I better get a bedazzled, gem-encrusted plastic cup.
drinking at concerts
3. Ultimately, most of the beer ends up on the floor anyhow. If I spend money on a drink, I'd rather not see 73.9 percent of it on the ground. Yes, that's the exact amount — studies have been done.
Ruby Revue Burlesque Show
TicketsFri., Mar. 10, 7:00pm
Experience Hendrix 2017
TicketsSat., Mar. 11, 8:00pm
World Famous Gospel Brunch at House of Blues Houston
TicketsSun., Mar. 12, 1:30pm
The Noise Presents Metal Blade's 35 Anniversary Tour w/ Whitechapel
TicketsTue., Mar. 14, 6:00pm
Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo: We Live For Love Tour
TicketsWed., Mar. 15, 7:00pm
4. I'm not even thirsty. After a concert is usually when I crave a liquid beverage. By the way, I really miss Hi-C's Ecto Cooler (the one with Slimer on the box) — for some reason it always made my throat feel better.
5. Do I really want to be the girl with throw-up in her hair? No. I'll leave that to the cast of MTV's The Hills.
6. Being the obligatory inebriated woman at the Kelly Clarkson concert, screaming while simultaneously weeping to "Since U Been Gone," isn't somewhere I want to go. Maybe when I was 19...
7. It's possible to miss the entire show standing in line for one beer. How can I wait at the front of the stage for two hours if I'm in line? (Thanks, Rilo Kiley.) Besides, my bladder can't hold that much booze anyway.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.